Please note that Thursday’s General Assembly came to a close with a vote on the continuation of the English Literature strike which was passed: 33 votes For, 11, Against, and 0 Abstentions.
If you would like to receive the minutes of this assembly you may email our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or CASE president at email@example.com. The following motion is what was voted on:
1) Whereas the Undergraduate students in the English Department voted on the issue of a one week renewal of Department support for the strike, March 29th, 2012 – April 5th, 2012.
2) Whereas the English Department held a General Assembly on Thursday March 29th, 2012 open to all undergraduate students in the English Department.
4) Be it resolved that a committee be maintained to coordinate all English Department
related strike activities and that participation in this committee be open to all Undergraduate English students as well.
5) Be it further resolved that under no circumstances are students to resort to any physical or verbal violence, such as actions whereby members of the University are physically prevented from entering into classrooms.
6) Be it further resolved that students wishing to participate in attending classes will be allowed to do so without prejudice.
7) Be it further resolved that students wishing to exercise their right to strike will be allowed to do so without prejudice.