CASE invites all Concordia undergraduate students to submit papers on literature to the fifth annual Literature Undergraduates’ Colloquium at Concordia. Authors of the chosen papers will be invited to present their work to peers and professors at the conference on Friday, April 1, 2016. Their work will also be published in the accompanying academic journal, LUCC Proceedings, which will launch on the evening of the colloquium, following our panel discussions and keynote address.
We encourage all students—not just those in English—to submit papers on any literary work from Homer to Shakespeare, from Woolf to Bechdel.
• Papers should be between 6-8 pages (approximately 2,250 words) or 15 minutes read aloud
• Include a complete works cited in MLA style at the end of your paper
• Consider submitting papers that have received positive feedback and papers that cover topics you are passionate about
• Ensure that your name does not appear anywhere on the document
• In a separate file, include a brief (70-80 word) professional/academic bio written in the third person
• Send both files in .doc or .docx format to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org. No other file formats will be accepted.
Please note that the vetting committee will read all submissions blind.
Deadline: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
If you have any questions about the LUCC or the submission process, please contact Alex at email@example.com.
We hope you take advantage of this excellent opportunity to publish and present your academic or creative papers as an undergraduate at Concordia. Our vetting team looks forward to reading your work.