SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Make sure to join us for the latest no deposit casino bonuses uk 2020 on Friday March 29th, 4-9pm in the McEntee Room (H-1001)!
CASE invites all Concordia undergraduate students to submit papers on literature to the seventh annual Literature Undergraduates’ Colloquium at Concordia (LUCC). Authors of the chosen papers will be invited to present their work to peers and professors at the conference. Their work will also be published in the accompanying academic journal, which will launch on the evening of the colloquium, following our panel discussions and keynote address.
Submission deadline: February 9th at 11:59pm
We encourage all students—not just those in English—to submit papers on any literary work.
• Papers should be between 6-8 pages (approximately 2,250 words) or 15 minutes read aloud
• Include a complete works cited in MLA style at the end of your paper
• Up to two submissions per person
• Consider submitting papers that have received positive feedback and papers that cover topics you are passionate about
• Ensure that your name does not appear anywhere on the document
• In a separate file, include a brief (70-80 word) professional/academic bio written in the third person
• Send both files in .doc or .docx format to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. No other file formats will be accepted.
Please note that the vetting committee will read all submissions blind.
If you have any questions about the LUCC or the submission process, please contact Mike at email@example.com.
We hope you take advantage of this excellent opportunity to publish and present your academic or creative papers as an undergraduate at Concordia. Our vetting team looks forward to reading your work.
*Submission implies that the work is original, unpublished and not under review elsewhere.
In 2012, CASE created the Literature Undergraduate’s Colloquium at Concordia, a full-day conference and academic journal that gives students the opportunity to present their own research with peers and professors alike. It is a wonderful opportunity for students to develop and share ideas.
The event involves a call for submissions of academic essays on any literary subject, which will be advertised in January around campus. Students will not only have the chance to present their papers but also be part of the vetting and editing team alongside faculty to gain valuable skills to assist them in their academics both now and in the future. Chosen essays will be presented on the colloquium day to an audience of literature enthusiasts.
Following the colloquium, all the presented essays are collected in our academic journal, LUCC Proceedings, allowing students to enter the world of academia while completing their undergraduate degree.
The conference not only brings together great minds and ideas but also provides publishing and editing exposure and experience to Concordia students.
Anyone may submit a paper–we look forward to reading yours this winter!